Wednesday, April 23, 2014

A lemming....SQUASHED!

*nothing to disclose*

Good afternoon, darling readers, and welcome back SPRING!  I think it has finally arrived here in southeastern Ohio.  It is still a bit chilly at night, but the day time has simply been gorgeous this past week, and I don't know about you, but I was way past ready for spring to get here!  It felt like we just had the never-ending winter, didn't it?  The only thing I do not like about spring is allergies.  This year they are calling allergy season, the pollen vortex.  First we have a polar vortex and now a pollen vortex.  What's next?

Today I have a beautiful polish that has been on my wish list since I first saw it right around July or so last summer.  It is Girly Bits, Blue Eyed Beer Drinking Music Lovin' Lawyer.  This polish was made to celebrate the one year blogaversary of Wishes of A Blue-Eyed Girl.  It is described as a deep cobalt blue with micro blue and silver glitter, and micro iridescent blue/green shifting glitters on the Girly Bits website, which you can find here.  I think it is just simply stunning and I am glad that Pam (of Girly Bits) and Julie (of Wishes of A Blue-Eyed Girl) collaborated to come up with this polish.

Here she is, in the bottle.  Yes, it does look like I've used a lot, but I made a trade with a sweet lady that I'm in a group with for some polish of hers, so it looks like I've used more than I actually have.  

This is 2 very thin coats, topped with Seche Vite.  I still had a bit of VNL, but I can live with it.  Next time I know to use just a bit thicker coat or add a 3rd.

Because it does contain micro glitters, I decided to use a peel-off base coat of glue.  I've been trying that method out with my glitters lately and it does make removing them a lot easier for me.  

This polish is still available for $10 (plus s&h) on the Girly Bits website, but supplies are limited as it is a special edition polish.  I'm seriously thinking about buying another to have as a back-up because I love it so much.

If you are not familiar with Girly Bits, they are located in Canada and is run by Pam, who I think, is extremely creative and talented.  

Other places to find Girly Bits:
     Facebook
     Instagram
     Twitter
     Pinterest

What do you think of Blue Eyed Beer Drinking Music Lovin' Lawyer?  Do you love it as much as I do?  Do you currently own any Girly Bits polishes or have any on your wish list?

As always, thank you for spending a few minutes of your day with me.  Until later....Huggles! 



2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. My 2nd favorite color, cobalt blue. You know I like those bright colors. lol

      Delete

I love hearing from y'all and will respond (eventually, lol) to all comments left here.