Thursday, January 9, 2014

It's A New Year!

Happy New Year, darling readers!  I can't believe it's 2014 already.  Where did 2013 go?  Does anyone else think it went by incredibly fast?  Did you accomplish the things that you wanted to during 2013?  Did you make any resolutions for 2014?  I pretty much quit making resolutions on New Year's Eve in 1985 when I was expecting my daughter and made just two that year.  One was to be the best Mom I could possibly be and the other was to never make another resolution.  Both of my children lived through their childhood without any major problems cropping up (I did have one call from the police department asking if I knew where my daughter was and they were very surprised when I answered yes because she had just called me to tell me and they seemed very taken aback by that) and I have not make another resolution since then, so I think I did okay with those two resolutions, don't you? :<)

Alas, I do not have a nail post for you today.  This is more of an update post since I've been gone so long.  As  y'all know, I had surgery at the end of September and within a few days of my surgery, we lost my husband's father.  Then I lost the hard drive in my desk top computer, where all my photo's were stored.  I've been trying to see if I could gain access back into it, but so far, I haven't had any luck with it.  I then started having more severe trouble with my stomach again and had to go in for a bunch of testing for that.  I had a CT Scan, a gastric emptying test, and an EGD (scope) done, as well as blood work.  I was finally able to get in today to get all the results.  Thankfully everything, except the EGD & blood work, came back normal.  Oh, and the CT Scan.  The CT Scan showed that I do have some very small kidney stones but the doctor said they are so small I probably wouldn't even notice them when they pass so they aren't worth worrying about.  The EGD & blood work kind of go hand-in-hand and we kind of knew going into it what it might say.  I have a bacterial infection in the lining of my stomach called H. Pylori and I'm now being treated with 2 anti-biodics as well as Nexxium and Pepto Bizmo.  He's going to treat it aggressively since the last time I was treated for it (over a year ago) the treatment failed.  My husband now also has to be tested for it because there is a chance, that if he has it as well, he could give it back to me (via kissing, sharing a soda, etc) and then I'd have to start all over again with treatment.

So now you are caught  up on the fun that has been the life and times of my life during the last few months.  :0)  I did paint my nails today though and I hope to get some photo's tomorrow after I get home from getting my injections and when I feel a bit more like myself, I will post them for y'all.  So until then, thank you for stopping by and spending a few minutes with me.  Have a GREAT 2014 y'all!  Huggles!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from y'all and will respond (eventually, lol) to all comments left here.