Monday, October 15, 2012

Radiation and Luxury - In A Bottle?

15 October 2012 8:42 am

Good morning, my darling readers. Today is going to be a long post as I have 2 polishes for your viewing pleasure!  The first up is another from LA Colors. It is Color Craze Radiation. In the bottle it's a greenish-teal with a hint of gold shimmer. But once on, it has more of a silver shimmer to it and it looks more green to me than teal. But that may just be my old eyes (lol) playing tricks on me. I also changed my base coat to Revlon's Colorstay. It has a wide, flat brush which I like for the most part, except on my index and pinky nails, which have smaller nail beds than the rest of my fingers. These larger brushes I have to be careful with on those nails so I don't flood my cuticles. Do you happen to use this same base coat? If so, what do you think of it? I'm still experimenting to find out what works best for me.

This is 3 coats of Radiation. The formula on the LA Colors Color Craze polishes I've tried so far is very thin and I've had to use thin coats so as not to flood my cuticles or have it pool at the end of my nails. I topped off with one coat of Out The Door. And now to the photos so you can see Radiation in all his glory.

Here he is in the bottle.

And here he is on my nails.

Do you own LA Colors Color Craze Radiation? What do you think of the forumla of this polish?


The second color I bring to you today is Color Club's Untamed Luxury.  I've seen this described as a teal, turquoise, and aqua, but to me it looks more green and it is glittery.  Very glittery!  Looking at it in the bottle, it looks to have very small flecks of gold and silver in with the green glitter, all in a slightly tinted green jelly-like base.  For a person who normally doesn't like green in any shade, I LOVE this!  Both in the bottle and on my nails.

Here I've layered one coat of Untamed Luxury over Radiation, which I was already wearing and I followed it with one coat of China Glaze Fast Forward Top Coat.  With no further ado, I introduce you to Untamed Luxury:

Here he is in the bottle.


And here he is on my nails.

Do you own Color Club Untamed Luxury?  

As always, thank you for spending some time with me today and I hope you have a wonderful Monday!  Huggles!

3 comments:

  1. I have been enjoying all of the wild colors over the last couple of years. It started when I used one of my daughter's bright colors. Typically, I stuck to mauves. Red was crazy for me. So now I am hooked. I have found I like Sally Hansen the best. Last week, my favorite sales lady at Walgreens pointed out a sale on Sally Hansen's Complete Salon Manicure. Normally prices close to $8, but on sale for $1.98. I bought 2 bottles and I love it! I really need to go back to see if it is still on sale and stock up. If you get a chance to check it out, I highly recommend it. My only regret is not buying more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore all the bright colors. I'd heard about the awesome Sally Hansen sale, but alas, fixing the furnace took the rest of my nail budget for this month. :( But at least we have heat for the winter so that's a good thing. :) I hope they still have it when you go back so you can get some more colors. Let me know what you got and when you do your mani's, post them on my FB page, k? Love ya! A

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are great colours, they're both colours I can't wear as they look hideous on my hands, but it's type of colour I choose for my handbag, purse accessories.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from y'all and will respond (eventually, lol) to all comments left here.