Sunday, October 21, 2012

In Support of...Chronic Pain Awareness

Good afternoon, my darling readers!  I hope everyone is having a wonderful Sunday!

I have another polish made by Missi at Different Dimension.  She has several polishes you can order from her regular and Halloween lines available and she also takes custom orders.  The one I have for you today was a custom color I asked for and ordered in September, since it was Chronic Pain Awareness month.  The color of the ribbon for CPA is purple, which is also used for Domestic Violence Awareness, which is this month.  Missi has a polish called No-More, which she donates 50% of the earnings from to a local shelter in her town.  The polish I had her create for me is similiar to No-More, but there are differences.  If you want to see what No-More looks like, click here to be taken to her Etsy store.

My review, after the jump. (photo heavy)





In Support of Chronic Pain Awareness is a purple glitter suspended in a clear base.  It also looks like it has some red and green glitter, but may be iridescence glitter instead as it will glow different colors depending on the angle and light.  I used 2 coats Revlon base coat, then took photo's of 1, 2, and 3 coats of the polish, no top coat.  Even without a top coat, the glitter doesn't feel too rough.  It feels more like I put some kind of texture on my nails.  Without further ado, here are some photo's for your viewing pleasure:

Isn't she gorgeous?


One coat, right hand.

 Closer up view of right hand, 1 coat.

Close view of left hand, 1 coat.


Two coats, left hand.

Another angle, 2 coats.

Close-up, 2 coats.


3 coats, right hand

3 coats, left hand

Closer view, left hand, 3 coats

And there we have Different Dimension In Support of Chronic Pain Awareness.  I LOVE it!

I have added a page for giveaways I find or read about on other blogs.  You can find it in the side bar to the right.  I'll be updating that page whenever I find a giveaway so you may want to check it often.  Don't forget, if you don't follow this blog on Google Friend Connect, please consider doing so.  As soon as I reach 25 followers here (not on my FB page), I will host my first giveaway!

Thank you for stopping by and visiting with me this afternoon.  Have a great afternoon.  Huggles!







2 comments:

  1. That's great, I think raising awareness is so important. Its nice to see people implementing things like that onto their blogs so more people can understand. Its a beautiful colour, It looks amazing after 3 coats :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Missi, the owner of Different Dimension, did a wonderful job of catching just the right color of purple for me.

      Chronic pain is something I deal with on a daily basis and if I can bring awareness to what chronic pain patients go through to just one person, then it's worth it. :)

      Delete

I love hearing from y'all and will respond (eventually, lol) to all comments left here.